internetworkers - [internetworkers] Iomega & WindowsNT

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula at epamail.epa.gov (childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Iomega & WindowsNT
  • Date: Thu Feb 20 10:28:26 2003

Back a few years ago when I was doing some lab & desktop support at a
local university (think dark blue), I often had a heck of a time getting
Zip 100's to work on NT systems. Don't recall if we ever really "fixed"
the issues, seems like perhaps a newer driver helped some??? It's all
fuzzy now, like a bad dream after eating too much cold pizza before bed.
I can tell you from home experience though that mid-release Win98 and
ZipCD USB drivers don't play well together at all.

Paula

just heard a rumor. trying to confirm or refute it; can't find anything
online yet.

Has anyone heard of or experienced difficulties with Iomega products,
most specifically the Zip series (even more specifically, in the
capacity of a backup device), on Windows NT?

thanks,
Alan