ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio-consult announce

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio-consult announce
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:24:02 -0400 (EDT)

Many of you have contacted us to ask us "How can we help Ibiblio". We
really appreciate this, and we now believe we've found a way for our
contributors to help and ask for help alike. We'd like to introduce
the ibiblio-consult program. It's very simple actually - people with
skills can interface with people who need help via a listserv and a wiki.
To subscribe to the list, visit the interface at

To visit the wiki, stop by

http://www.ibiblio.org/ic

We'd like for someone to step up as a maintainer of this project - until
then, Fred and I will take care of it. Ideally, people will post their
skills to the wiki, and the listserv can be used to announce jobs, or
recent additions of people who have skills, or to discuss general
technical issues. Please let us know if you have any comments, ideas or
would like to maintain the project.

Thank you for helping out, we really do appreciate it!

We have no particular project in mind at the moment, but we encourage you
to look at ibiblio and to let us know what you would like to add, enhance
or even redo.

  • [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio-consult announce, Paul Jones, 10/11/2002