homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Vol 93, Issue 5

  • From: William Russell <woodmanrussell AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Vol 93, Issue 5
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 15:19:38 -0500

You are comparing Oranges & Apples when you talk cattle & deer. But I know
a lot of beef cattle people, who raise thousands of head of
dairy"steers"would disagree about the quality that you say can not be
produced.There is documented research that shows the hang time & tenderness
that develops from it are related. Some "butcher shops" don't have the
space to hang beef, so they discount the benefits of it. Some people do
things differently than others, so I will continue as I have. My customers
will have to continue to enjoy the best freezer beef they say they have
gotten. Pastures are a whole different part of raising beef. I happen to
follow what a professor published from a 10 year university study, on all
aspects of grazing beef cattle. Remember, Agriculture feeds this nation,
just that most people don't know how lucky they are to have Ag people.