homestead - Re: [Homestead] Small cattle herds was Heifer...

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Small cattle herds was Heifer...
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 18:00:42 -0700

At 1/4/2013 02:57 PM,Robert Walton wrote:

Goats, I just keep a few for milk, brush clearing and then sell the
bucklings at 4 months or eat them. Usually, the price to sell them is good,
so I do that. Last year I got $90 a head for 3 month old bucklings. I'd
rather sell than eat at that price. I use the milk and make some cheese for
the house from the mothers, sell an occasional milker or doeling.

Rob - Va

The best tasting chickens we ever grew (x-rock) were fed in the morning, let loose all day and fed the extra goats milk. I think it was the milk....

Rob
vwrobb AT gmail.com