homestead - [Homestead] Death of a List (Re: Homestead Digest, Vol 92, Issue 3)

  • From: Kathyann <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Death of a List (Re: Homestead Digest, Vol 92, Issue 3)
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 15:11:46 -0500

What a delightful surprise to suddenly hear from this list at turn of year. I miss the list, and tvo. He always made it worth sticking it out thru the barbs. (politics didn't bother me, people being treated rudely for different political beliefs is hard for me.)
I am still interested in projects and people. Didn't get included in Facebook list from here, but I have a couple groups where people are as interested as this list used to be. But they don't have the other tinkerers like this did. I like hearing/reading of other people's projects and to bounce mine off sometimes.
I've done some computer upgrade so this list was left on digest in case anyone ever came on. I'll set it to have a folder again but I don't check as often as I used to in olden days.
My youngest, and only at home, is 16 now. Homeschooling because the local schools just can't handle Autism. The greenhouse I worried about for so many years and finally got on just as this list faded has cracked plastic and I am making decisions on it again, lol. Still have chickens and sheep but never got civilizing fences in. The cabins I wanted to fix to share/rent to kindred souls have had occasional residents but are still open dreams. Finally lost the plucky pioneer spirited senior who came with the property this past year so we have way more than we can handle. I'd love people to kibbitz with again. Just not grammarians or namecallers.

Happy New Year,
Kathyann

  • [Homestead] Death of a List (Re: Homestead Digest, Vol 92, Issue 3), Kathyann, 12/31/2012