homestead - [Homestead] Summer frittata

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Summer frittata
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 05:36:28 -0500

We look forward to the first fresh squash each summer so we can have this
meal. All ingredients except the first three are from our garden or hens.

SUMMER FRITTATA
Olive oil
Salt
Red pepper
New onion, chopped
Large new potato, cut into small pieces
Two fresh tomatoes, diced
Fresh basil
Two fresh squash, cut into small pieces
6-8 eggs with same number of minced garlic cloves mixed in
Optional: bell pepper
Heat olive oil, salt, pepper. Add and cook, in order: potato, onion, tomato,
squash. Cook until veggies are just tender. Mix egg/garlic mix and pour over
veggies, reduce heat to low. Cover pan. After a couple minutes lift edge of
frittata with spatula and tilt pan to allow egg mix to flow underneath in
several places. Cover and continue cooking until barely set. Turn off burner,
cover pan and let set for a couple minutes.

Gene