homestead - [Homestead] Wirtz Bike

  • From: "WILLIAM JONES" <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Homestead] Wirtz Bike
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:36:12 GMT

Robert Walton wrote:
> I googled, but nothing. what does it do? Pump water? Electricity?
It's a bike that runs on compressed air, or is just assisted by it, for
getting up hills.  Wirtz is most famous for his water pump, but there are
vague references to a Wirtz engine, which is the same as the pump, except
that instead of pumping when you turn it, it turns when you pump in air and
water.  I've had to back-engineer the whole thing, having found nothing
online myself.  There are other ways to skin this cat, alternately supplying
air and water, but I just used the good ol' air-displacement water
pump.http://www.marcdatabase.com/~lemur/rbt-scoopwheel.htmlhttp://lurkertech.com/water/pump/tailer/