homestead - [Homestead] New Theory on Adult-Onset Diabetes

  • From: "WILLIAM JONES" <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Homestead] New Theory on Adult-Onset Diabetes
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:08:45 GMT

Now that I've experienced the "thirst that cannot be quenched" for over 6
months now, I have a few insights.  I believe this condition evolved,
probably in the Siberian lineage, as a way of saving the winter food supply
for the younger members of the tribe.  So what are the facts?  When you
overeat, you get very thirsty, and the food you eat seems to do you no good,
resulting in weight loss.
When I checked in at OHSU, after the surgery, they offered me a sumptuous
menu that featured pizza and other goodies.  They monitored my carb intake,
but I was still allowed to eat as much as I liked.  It took me 5 days to have
my first hunger pang.  When that happened, the thirst went away, despite the
steroid anti-inflammatories they were feeding me.
In Chinese medicine, the food would be part of the cure, rather than being
regarded as incidental.

  • [Homestead] New Theory on Adult-Onset Diabetes, WILLIAM JONES, 06/20/2012