homestead - [Homestead] Blueberries

  • From: "WILLIAM JONES" <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Homestead] Blueberries
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 23:05:09 GMT

Gene GeRue wrote:
>William, what's the point of being coy? The only humane thing for you to do
>is to provide us with full information, including propagation and your
>recommended sources for seeds or plants. Add your personal experience and
>stir.
Oh dear, it took me a second to figure out what you meant!  Strange but true,
it's what an ordinary blueberry turns into when you procrastinate and leave
it on the bush forever.  I would guess it works best with the smaller,
mealier types, but may be true of the jumbo ones as well, if they don't rot.
Sometimes they even dry, and then it's literally solid sugar.  And the birds
have to cooperate, or at least be netted out.  It's really quite a phenom,
which my partner Lee actually discovered.
Bill