homestead - Re: [Homestead] Aquaculture

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT hughes.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Aquaculture
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:46:25 -0500

Tim,
Several years ago I attended a workshop and we did everything just as the
video showed.
It worked great the first year but I did not realize how hard it was to get
them soaked every so often. They do need consistent moisture. So make sure
you have some way to do the 24 to 48 hour soak. If you like mushrooms and
have the oak logs your only real expense is the plugs.
We used a small paint brush to cover the holes with. Pouring out of a pot is
to hard and very easy to spill.
Jeanne
Tnhillwoman
Zone 6 NE TN