homestead - [Homestead] Missouri

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Missouri
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 17:18:14 -0800

Hope all you Missourians aren't in the area getting all the rain and the
flash flooding!

Lynda
From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 17:34:09 -0800
Subject: [Homestead] Need To Vent

Little background. Son #3's girlfriend does in-home support work. She
doesn't drive, so she was fired from one job. She got a call today from the
elderly gentleman (job she lost) who BEGGED her to get a license so she could
work for him again.

So, we stopped by there today and she told him she'd work real hard to get a
license next week or the week after at the latest. Seems his current worker
hasn't shown up for work 6 days over the last 3 weeks. He has a spinal
injury, has an electric wheelchair and is also on O2 due to the resulting
surgery which made everything worse. I'd say he's about 85. And he has no
family.

While we were there he was looking real sad and depressed and we asked him
what was wrong. He said nothing and then started telling us about a prior
worker who came by (she'd been fired by the county because she took $11,000
of his money) and said she was going to the Community Turkey Dinner
yesterday. He asked if she'd bring him a plate back. Bobbi, who runs the
dinner, does plates for folks all the time. It isn't a big deal. AND, you
can look across a field and see his house from the community dining hall at
the local fairgrounds.

NO DINNER! Did I mention that he refused to prosecute her (the county is
anyway) and he told the DA that he didn't want her to get any jail time, that
he just wanted her to start making some payments to pay him back.

What is wrong with people? This world is going to hell in a hand basket and
I think it needs to stop so I can get off. Either that or I'm moving to an
island and becoming a hermit.

At anyrate, we had a family meeting and we're adopting him!

Lynda, who just needed to vent, so I'll get off my soapbox now.
>From erthnsky AT gmail.com Fri Nov 26 21:25:44 2010
:organization:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references
:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding;
bh=RCqMkleoa0kPkb1IbnTmCghn+Wq/xZPjssqBONeA0Io=;
b=xpPQ+Fvt1k3l4jYOpodOU3bigAUGSE+PPhZyDVA9EKOyTi5FgXzgcmtWYFEDR+U9wo
OEp66MPXXh56M00gCaJSDDx5wmMvzCJPQIf+ZexQUfdOzKCHsKPMymDCWwK4is/4JBCa
rZVJX2VVlq5QlLGvvj28RG5a+pRmR75JgYnywDomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1;
c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=message-id:date:from:organization:user-agent:mime-version:to
:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type
:content-transfer-encoding;
b=tmw5iKVDN+/1g4IZF/zn/xQhczhtJ+0LOXrrFvu/m1/g6nsG6uTRJfhBEaXTwVqs3L
PwNAisVYTfvpgbF8+yyh0sP/cE1X0v8lsWbHvDmIx/vN3M0rKylocLaZfG8n35wC+Xnv
EXZjKo9ZDYRdyhHZZgT+HGnl2Wnl4+/9p4jt0Received: by 10.231.171.143 with
SMTP id h15mr2319970ibz.166.1290824743088;
Fri, 26 Nov 2010 18:25:43 -0800 (PST)