homestead - Re: [Homestead] book

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] book
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 06:41:40 -0400

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 2:04 AM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT gmail.com> wrote:
> /The Peoples History of the United States/ by Howard Zinn
> Anyone read this??  Do you recommend it? Wanna loan me a copy if you have
> it?

I don't have a copy, but it's on my list to look up at the library. I
saw a special on TV which covered a few chapters and it was very
interesting. History of the US based on observations of common people.
History is written by the victors, people in control, usually in a way
that they want to be seen.

Another good read questioning the accuracy of history as we were
taught it is "The South was Right".

Rob - Va