homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cedar Rail Fences

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cedar Rail Fences
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 22:14:35 -0700

DH made a couple of jigs and we did ours in a kind of assembly line. He'd use the spade bit on the two "ends" and then I used an extra long core box router bit to connect the two holes. I had the fun job because I had to flip them over and do them on both sides cause the bit was only like 2 3/4" long/deep.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

I'd like to put in some fencing like this one:

http://www.worldprofit.com/dealers/userfiles/cm/5230/Image/4-Rail_Fence_Icon.JPG

How would you mortise the holes for the rails?

Rob - Va