homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moving a homestead

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moving a homestead
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 11:42:53 -0400

> Rob, we are fallible. Even though you have experience, I suggest you write
> a criteria list and then put the items in order of importance. Putting our
> needs and wants in black and white has a way of sharpening focus.<

Thanks Gene, I've already got that list, had it before I embarked on
this. (I've learned a lot over the years on this list and others).

If I had it all to do over again, I'd have rented in this area and
then bought. I'm really just tweaking my location with a 50 mile move,
but I think it will be worth it to me in the end. It's also a good
time to be a buyer.

If I'd have rented for a year, I'd have moved to the area I'm looking
in now. I'm sure of it. Of course, this could all fall through. If it
does, I'm a heck of a lot happier here that I was in the city and I
got the general location right, just not the specific location.

I'm one to look forward and if this place I'm going to offer on works
out, I'm really psyched. Springs that can be capped not far from the
house.

Rob - Va