homestead - Re: [Homestead] If you live in the South

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] If you live in the South
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 17:41:58 -0400

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> I visit Earthfare when I visit my son in Asheville.

Me, too. Or in Charleston, SC, where we lived previously.

We have a mini-version in Floyd called Greens Garage, a very small store in
a former garage created by a group of local farmers called Good Food, Good
People. It's all local food, open 24/7, never locked and you pay on the
honor system. Amazingly, it's worked very well the last 2 years and they are
consistently growing and adding more.

lkvp