homestead - Re: [Homestead] Grafting

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Grafting
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:01:56 -0500

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 8:12 PM, Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com> wrote:

> > Thanks again, may call on you next Spring for thoughts/advice. :)
>
> Good to hear from you, Lisa. You should graft that tree. I'd like to try so
> if you can spare a couple of pieces of scion wood, I'd be glad to try. I
> would send you one tree back once it's started (the next year).
>
> I'd highly recommend that you look at the workshop at Virginia Vintage
> Apples. They also sell good rootstock. The workshops for 2010 are 2/13 and
> 27. It's only $25 per person and you walk away with 2 grafted trees.

Hi Rob & everyone else,

February came and went. Missed the workshops, darn it. All of a sudden it's
nearly spring. I meant to reply to this telling you that you were welcome to
scion wood but got interrupted or something or other. Anyway, never got it
done--then I forgot all about it. Until I found your post today. You're
still welcome if it's not too late for this year.

We begin sawing off old dead limbs this weekend.

Lisa