homestead - Re: [Homestead] ISO anyone?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ISO anyone?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:29:37 -0500

Well, I know that..my employer is also certified...I just completed the
Lead Auditor course(although there is no official word yet, rumor has it
that I passed!) ..I was just hoping that there might be someone else on
the list who is also *really* personally familiar with the EMS. I have
to perform my first audit on Monday...performance jitters maybe... :)
With so many green minded folks on the list, I'm actually a bit
surprised that no one works/has worked for a company/government agency
whose environmental management system meets these international
standards. I was betting that Wendy would know a bit...IIRC she worked
for NASA for a time, and NASA is 14001, too. I also thought there was
someone who worked for HP. Hmmm..oh well. Maybe I should modify my
question to make the scope broader...is anyone on the list personally
familiar with ISO 9001, 14001, or any other ISO certification and the
audit processes for those certs?

The accreditation and certification trails get messy....
ANSI-ASQ filled the gap when the RAB merged with the Australian QSA.
My LA certification will be internationally recognized from the RABQSA.
Basically the accreditation side went with ANSI and the certification
side went to QSA.

Bev, who will be cheering for Finland in the Games(..Janne Ahonen is
BACK! (he is the Flying Finn ski jumper)

Lynda wrote:
That's the first part of the ISO environmental management guidelines for businesses. You meet those guidelines and you can be certified by ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board. Ford's Penn plant is certified, Lockheed Martin, IBM (Tucson), Sanyo (AR), Apple Computers
(CA), Cannon Business Machines (CA), Phillips Semiconductor, Sony, Duracell, Clairol, BF Goodrich Aerospace, to name a few.

Lynda ----- Original Message ----- From: "EarthNSky" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>

Is anyone on the list familiar with ISO 14001:2004?

View the archives at: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/homestead