homestead - [Homestead] The snow

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] The snow
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 01:40:24 -0500

I just can't believe there is so much snow just a little ways north of me. I hope you all have power or a good alternative. We had sleet here today but no accumulation. It has snowed quite a bit here this winter, but we've only had dustings in the way of accumulation. Last week, we got less than a quarter of an inch. Just south of Chattanooga, they got over 4 inches. We were just out of range by the skin of our teeth that time.
Everyone is saying this is the worst winter in many years. I keep thinking that it is probably just a 'normal' winter here. We haven't had normal in so long, perhaps we have forgotten what normal is..
I suppose for those of you up in the Blizzard ridden North will have a different opinion, rightfully so.

Stay warm amigos!

Bev
--
Many of our greatest American thinkers, men of the caliber of Thomas Jefferson, Henry Thoreau, Mark Twain, William James, and John Muir, have found the forest an effective stimulus to original thought.
Bob Marshall