homestead - Re: [Homestead] pay as you go phones

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] pay as you go phones
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:00:46 EST

> >I am looking for experiences with such phones and plans.

Don,

I read the responses so far to see if this had already been covered. We've
been using Tracfone for long time now. It is NOT the cheapest per minute
and is certainly not for those who go about with a cell phone dangling like
an earring.

When you activate the phone (typically for three months at a time but as
long as a year under some plans) all the minutes you buy are available. You
never lose them, but they only work if the phone is 'active'. So at the end
of the active period, if you buy any more minutes at all, it activates the
phone for another period and all the accumulated minutes are still there.

Once you buy the phone and buy the minutes there are absolutely no other
charges of any kind. For someone who just wants communication, no idle
gabbing an no internet connection via cell phone, it can be a good fit.

James
</HTML>