homestead - [Homestead] Farm Update

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Farm Update
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 21:25:50 +0000

Since I don't have a 'farm' yet, I don't have an update. But I did post
about what my vision of my homestead-to-be is on my blog. I've got a lot of
work to do. For what I have gotten done, I'm learning some new skills since
my main helper left several months ago. One that I'm most excited about is
that I can make cabinets with level counters, lol. They may not look like a
pro's would, but they are sure coming in handy. Right now I'm building the
house on a line of credit. The interest rates are so low right now, I'm in a
hurry to get the last few things I need done before getting homeowner's
insurance so I can get the mortgage closed. Still to do is finish the east
end of the porch rails, do the balcony rails, put in back steps with
handrail, finish stair rails inside and put on the switch plate covers. None
of it hard to do, just time consuming. switch plates are so easy i could have
one of the kids do it, but some of the switches have needed moving and i
don't want them poking around with screwdrivers that close to the wires.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)