homestead - Re: [Homestead] At least I'll get "free" medical care in jail

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] At least I'll get "free" medical care in jail
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:29:26 -0800

I think it worked better when whoever got the most votes was president and whoever got the second highest number of votes was VP.

AND, as has been proven in the past, when Congress and the Prez are the same party, we're in for a world of hurt!

Lynda
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.
----- Original Message ----- From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>

Why do we only elect one man to lead? Why don't we elect a group of 3. Then those 3 would have to spread the balance of power, if they could come to decisions to act in unison. I don't think being a democrat means you have to agree the current president is doing a good job. i don't think being a republican means you have to say he isn't. one thing i do think, though, is that there is no one person that can fix the mess we are in. i like the republican stance on a lot of issues, and i like some of the democratic ideals. but i haven't liked any of the candidates enough , or had enough faith in any of them, to feel they were capable of tackling all the issues we currently are dealing with as a nation. what i've seen of the ordinary people around me, makes me feel pretty hopeless that anything is really ever going to get better until we have a major uprising of angry people with enough sense to know exactly what needs to be done to make things better. and i just don't see that ha
ppening.

Roxann