homestead - Re: [Homestead] plant geneticist

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] plant geneticist
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 12:36:51 -0700 (PDT)

ROFL !!

With my luck it is some Monsanto mutation with mind control orders... buy
only Monsanto seed, buy only Monsanto seed...

Nah,,, who knows what it is.  It very easily could be something that was
brought up from Mexico.  A lot of the veggies in the local small grocery
store look like they have had no preservatives/ wax etc on them as the shelf
life is pretty short (as compared to large grocers like Publix, etc).

Actually, I have a whole small ziplock with seeds from the original squash
bought at the grocery.  Sure glad I only planted one seed though.

Clipped off a nice big sunflower head today.  Its turning dried, and the
stalk was breaking.

Other than cucumbers and tomatoes keeping me busy, it's nice to have a break
here on harvesting as most things are on the pause button, or still growing
out.  For a while there I didn't know if I was ever going to get a full
nights sleep from canning into the night hours.