homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rain

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rain
  • Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 14:54:23 +0000

When it rains like that, it washes out the driveway and causes all sorts of
erosion issues that wouldn't happen if I had more time to construct barriers.
I did get a short rock wall made in front of one of the piers on our house
that keeps washing out because of the drip from the roof and it helped
tremendously. everwhere there is something like a rock or branch on the
ground, silt builds up behind it, so i'm using that principle to create
barriers where we need them. it's not a problem where the grass is on the
ground or trees cover the hills, it's only a problem where we humans try to
build something in the hills. but i'm learning and slowly making progress to
correct things. did this last year in my garden and it made a big difference.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)