homestead - [Homestead] Incorporating a cover crop

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Incorporating a cover crop
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:54:30 -0400

I've been looking for this online, but can't find it. Would bush hogging my
crimson clover cover crop before plowing help the clover to decompose
faster? Enough to bother with? Seems to me like if it's chopped up, it would
break down faster.

I've got about an acre of clover up and starting to bloom. I'd like to get
it turned so I can plant corn and some other stuff there in a few weeks.

Rob - Va

  • [Homestead] Incorporating a cover crop, Robert Walton, 04/20/2009