homestead - [Homestead] Lambs ears update

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Lambs ears update
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 15:58:41 -0400

It is allergy season and my nose gets a workout. Apparently, at some
point in the night, I scratched my nose and created a small nick-like
abrasion on my nostril-exterior skin. It is small, but located where a
band-aid would not work. At any rate, a few minutes ago I must have
scratched it again and it started bleeding. It was bleeding quite a bit
for the size of the nick, obviously the vessels were near the skin
surface. I went into the bathroom, and tore off a piece of toilet
paper. After several pieces of TP and direct pressure, it was still
bleeding, so I tried the styptic pencil. It continued to bleed. At
that point it had been bleeding for over 5 minutes with no sign of
abatement. At that point, I remembered our recent discussion about
lambs ears, so I donned boots and went out to pick a leaf. During the
120 foot walk from the backdoor to the plant, I dabbed the blood twice
with TP, it was still bleeding at the same rate, creating a pea sized
blood spot on the tissue both times. I'd say it takes about 20 seconds,
if that, to walk the distance. I grabbed a small leaf, about 2 inches
long, and put it on the wound. Before I could get back to the house, I
removed the leaf and did not see blood. Sure enough, in less than 100
feet of walking, or about 10 seconds of exposure, the nick quit
bleeding. In addition, the leaf acted as a sponge, and when I removed
the leaf from my nose, I could see no blood on the leaf. It has been 15
minutes now, and my nose is still not bleeding-not even a little bit. It
is amazing. Next time I will try it immediately. Good stuff, and once
again, herbs to the rescue.

Bev
--
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public
debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered

--Cicero, 55 BC
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/

  • [Homestead] Lambs ears update, EarthNSky, 04/19/2009