homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hollyhocks

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hollyhocks
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 23:47:47 -0400

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 11:37 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Do deer eat hollyhocks? Should I grow them inside the garden fence?

They leave ours alone but all plantings at our place from this spring
forward are on the deer-proof list. Hollyhocks are not on the list. I
planted lillies several years ago, maybe the deer were too busy eating those
the last couple years to be worried about the hollyhocks. Surround them w/
onions? I did crazy things last year. I even tied onions to my fences here
and there. Good luck. :)

lkvp

  • [Homestead] Hollyhocks, EarthNSky, 04/12/2009
    • Re: [Homestead] Hollyhocks, Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry, 04/12/2009