homestead - Re: [Homestead] Solar and fencing(many questions and long)

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Solar and fencing(many questions and long)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 21:19:36 -0800

Another source is Freecycle. Seems lots of people are simply giving away boats and lots of them have batteries in them that can be brought back to life, so to speak. I have a friend setting up a solar thingy and over the last year she's gotten a dozen batteries that way. Of course, then she had to figure out what to do with the boats. So, she gave them to the local mechanics program at the local high school and CC.

snip<
Thanks for that explanation and especially the terminology. That may
have answered my question about animals testing the fence(repeated draw
downs). I suppose a deep cycle marine battery would suit the purpose
better than a regular 12 volt.

And Lynn, I actually have a marine battery. It came with the boat my
boss gave me.

Bev, hoping to get more answers about the solar panels
--
I am having an out-of-money experience.
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/