homestead - [Homestead] Rural Loan program

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Rural Loan program
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 04:58:32 -0800 (PST)

This is not something I would do, but maybe, for one person, at one
particular poinht in time it might be something about which to consider.

Please don't lecture me about the merits of gov't programs with 'no money
down'. I think everyone knows my opinion of the government. Whether this is
good or not, doesn't matter ;The program, in fact, exists, . I picked this
up from a post at one of Farmer's lists. The poster got it from a Missouri
newspaper.

"I just saw this article about the MO program in a St. Louis paper.

I have heard and read about this in Iowa, I think, a few years ago..
the deal is you are buying an actual home or building a conventional
one.. no reason it can;t be green and alt. too if you work it right.
with forclosures and such in the current economy it might be
possible to buy a more country located house cheap, if you can get the
no $ down option.

So this is a good deal and is NOT about subprime or snarky loans..
check it out.

ARTICLE IN ST LOUIS MO paper: Buy a home in the country, nothing down

http://www.stltoday .com/stltoday/ business/ stories.nsf/ story/A42E36A48B
E10ABF8625756400 0BD23F?OpenDocum ent

To learn more about home-financing options offered by the U.S.
Department of Agriculture' s Rural Development program, check with one
of the following USDA offices:

** NOTE: just type in the 2 letter state code you can read about any
US state you are interested in.

www.rurdev.usda. gov << I WENT TO THE MAIN PAGE, CLICKED ON THE USA
MAP, AND FOUND A CUTE HOME IN COTTAGE GROVE OR.

http://www.resales. usda.gov/ sfhdirect/ propertydetailRe o.cfm?ReqKey=
4842&cnty= 039&st=41& prevlistpg= map&showcity= n

www.rurdev.usda. gov/mo <<< type in state here, this is for MO

Missouri
601 Business Loop 70 West
Parkade Center, Suite 235

Columbia, Mo. 65203

1-573-876-0976 "
--

  • [Homestead] Rural Loan program, bobf, 03/01/2009