homestead - Re: [Homestead] Vertical farming?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Vertical farming?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:59:55 -0500

DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:
Very interesting, this would cut out transportation costs for food to the cities. The only problem faced in cities is with the value of the land you are building on. To set aside a city block in NYC for example would be cost prohibitive. Govt. would have to donate land for the purpose. My daughter just won her district science fair and is going to the state finals with a similar tower using hydroponics so I am sure it could work. Drew

Keep us informed on how she does, and congratulations! I'm not sure how old she is, but the Society of Women Engineers is always looking for students to support with scholarships.

EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia