homestead - Re: [Homestead] Vertical farming?

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Vertical farming?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:26:55 EST

Very interesting, this would cut out transportation costs for food to the
cities. The only problem faced in cities is with the value of the land you
are
building on. To set aside a city block in NYC for example would be cost
prohibitive. Govt. would have to donate land for the purpose. My daughter
just won
her district science fair and is going to the state finals with a similar
tower using hydroponics so I am sure it could work.

Drew

In a message dated 2/26/2009 2:20:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,