homestead - [Homestead] More cheaper 'safer' UAV drones for domestic use

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] More cheaper 'safer' UAV drones for domestic use
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:09:47 -0800 (PST)

I have read recent articles that many states and small towns are buying them
(UAVs) now that they are only a few thousand bucks, each. I guess we all
could buy one as a toy soon to spy on each other.

This is from a meeting today in North dakota. I wouldn't figure there would
be too many pot farms in North dakota, maybe they want to assure themselves
that no one is selling fesh eggs or raw milk, or maybe that the Indians are
getting antsy. Yes, I know there is a huge, huge problem of pesky Canadians
slipping over that icy border to stand in front of Home Depot for
construction jobs( :-( ) More tax money for more governmnet agencies to
interfere in our lives

UAV Meeting
Tuesday, February 17, 2009

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) _ SENATOR BYRON DORGAN AND GOVERNOR JOHN HOEVEN ARE
URGING FEDERAL OFFICIALS TO ALLOW MORE AIRSPACE FOR UNMANNED AIRCRAFT IN THE
STATE.

THE GRAND FORKS AIR FORCE BASE HAS A NEW UAV MISSION, AND THE FEDERAL CUSTOMS
AND BORDER PROTECTION AGENCY HAS STARTED USING DRONES TO HELP GUARD THE
U.S.-CANADIAN BORDER.

DORGAN AND HOEVEN MET IN GRAND FORKS WITH YESTERDAY OFFICIALS FROM THE AIR
FORCE, CUSTOMS, THE FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS.

FAA REGULATIONS THAT ARE MEANT TO ENSURE AIRCRAFT DO NOT COLLIDE IN THE SKY
HAVE MADE IT DIFFICULT FOR DRONES TO OPERATE FREELY. FAA CHIEF OPERATING
OFFICER HANK KRAKOWSKI SAYS HE WANTS A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM BY THE SUMMER
OF 2010.

http://www.kfyr.com/cc-common/mainheadlines2.html?feed=143825&article=5020626

  • [Homestead] More cheaper 'safer' UAV drones for domestic use, bobf, 02/17/2009