homestead - Re: [Homestead] Spring planting

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Spring planting
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 07:04:24 -0500

> We have been eating lots of salad greens and dinner greens from the garden
> and , so far, the greens plants seem to be putting on new, fresh leaves
> after the cutting -- the brocooli plants are putting on new broccoli fruit
> , too. I don't know how long this will last -- we should see our first 90+
> degree day within a week or two.
>
> Anyway, no big gardens or goats or pigs or llamas, but I'm doing something;
> and what I am doing does taste good. :-)

Doing something is good. Your posts remind me so much of when I was in
the city. I'm happy here, but those were good times. I got a lot more
acknowledgment from people in the city when I grew a garden than I do
here. Luckily, I get that from inside, also.

I plowed up my garden yesterday, I can plant some English Peas in a
week or so and have asparagus crowns coming. I've got onion seeds up
and broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage coming up for transplant at the
end of March.

I went to my manure lady yesterday and she's got truckloads, also
found some new people that say they have a few truckloads, I'm going
to visit them on Thursday. Good times! Horsey people are so useful!

Rob - Va