homestead - Re: [Homestead] Potting soil

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Potting soil
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 11:59:46 -0500

Someone on the list was a believer in biodynamic gardening and I thought it was you. This was years ago...not you?

Gene GeRue wrote:

Rudolph Steiner was a very intelligent, creative and productive dude who did much good work and inspired many people to do more. Keep in mind that he is also the one who advised gardeners to make compost elixer in a cow's horn under strict conditions. He also liked astrology and planting by various planetary alignments. I know people who do all that, for whom biodynamic gardening is as a religion. Among them were the neighbors who came to my garden one summer to harvest my excess tomatoes because their crops failed.

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge