homestead - Re: [Homestead] grapevines

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] grapevines
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:29:00 -0500

Cool!.. What variety?

I stuck some blueberry twigs in the dirt as well...some of those look to be alive, too. It was about 12 here this morning...I'm sure the wind chill was below zero...BRRRR!

keith bellinger wrote:
Three out of the five grapevine sticks I stuck in a pot have sprouted. I'm excited. Our outside temp was 7 this morning but 47 in the greenhouse. I removed the plastic bag that has been covering my vines, watered them well and moved them from dark office to sunny greenhouse. Am now trying to design an arbor for them. Happy springtime!

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge