homestead - Re: [Homestead] Habitat for Humanity

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Habitat for Humanity
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:35:35 -0500

bobf wrote:
Bev, one of my brothers, with his church group, recently went to
Honduras for a couple of weeks to build sturdy habitable structures.
Before my grandfather became too old he went to several central
American and carribean countries, with his church group, to do the
same. Habitat for humanity will be in the first paragraph, I believe
of President Carter's Obituary. He might have been a lousy
President, but I believe he has always been a good hearted

Carter is one of those people who happened to be in the right place at the wrong time, I think. Not only is he a decent human being, he is very, very smart. He is not just a hick peanut farmer as he was often portrayed. I re-read the Wiki article on him,interesting that so much of what he did is now 'acceptable', like giving the option of life in prison instead of the death penalty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Earl_Carter

From UFO's to killer rabbits and Brother Billy and mother Lillian, he was oft maligned, but not such a bad guy...

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will
not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius

~ Calvin Coolidge