homestead - Re: [Homestead] Looking for a partner?

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Looking for a partner?
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:09:17 -0500

Thanks Sage. I dated a man for a while who lived an hour and a half away. He had his place, I had mine, and neither would move. I've corresponded (email) with other men who have homesteads or farms. I've been emailing with one man several states away for 6 or 8 months, but we each have established homesteads and neither of us wants to move. Pen pals is the most I get from these on-line sites.

I wonder about a man my age who WANTS to homestead but isn't...so many are fat and sickly and haven't done physical work in 20 years. They think homesteading is sitting by the stove or lying in a hammock. It scares me that it could be my ex all over...he resented the work involved, freaked out in the country and went screaming back to the city. A very nasty scene that I don't want to repeat.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sage Austin | Eureka! Design" <eureka AT hctc.net>