homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Vol 54, Issue 151

  • From: Ivy Bickl <ivyb AT wanderersend.org>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Vol 54, Issue 151
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 17:23:04 +0000

Thanks,

Ivy Bickl~Founder

Wanderer's End Farm~ W.E. Sanctuary~helping us to help others......

Check out our fundraiser products! ~Help us get our 501!

Where are you located? Mounds,OK
> Do you have land? Almost 8 acres with one house
What growing zone? 6-7
What is the soil like? rich and rocky
Water? A small creek but a 1/2 acre pond will be put in
> You say say "from scratch" do you have any buildings? one unfinished house
> Are you going to grow spices? teas, culinary herbs, smokable herbs,
> medicinal herbs
> Are you going to have zoning issues with alternative building? No building
> codes other than fire safety inspection
> Water supply and sewage. Onsite already
Will local authorities require anything special for the amount of people you
may have on site? still under research
> Schooling for the children? to be determined by parent.
We will provide transportation to school for them if needed,
or the parent can choose to let them attend our homeschooling that is offered.

  • Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Vol 54, Issue 151, Ivy Bickl, 01/17/2009