homestead - Re: [Homestead] Natural insect repellents

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Natural insect repellents
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:48:15 EST

> >These are safe when applied to the skin, but should not be taken
> internally without the advice of a professional. Pennyroyal, in
> particular, is highly toxic if ingested.

Yeah. I always consult "professionals" about such things. You are almost
always guaranteed to get a straight knowledgeable answer from them.

Pennyroyal, (in the South pronounced "pennyrile") has been given to infants
for hundreds of years for the collic. Makes one wonder about the definition
of
"highly toxic".

James