homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent dem

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fear & Loathing , new Peter Schiff interview, immeninent dem
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:28:59 -0800

Well, the real answer is for EVERYONE to become more self-sufficient. Plus, quite honestly, the rural folks aren't subsidizing anything. Very few taxes are coming from us real rural types.

So, out here we've found ways to fund most of it ourselves. Like I mentioned in the other e-mail, our local transit delivers packages as well as people and that keeps the costs down.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Couldn't that "move' directive be also given to folk who reside in the city who are 'now' being subsidized by the government?

" You want to eat, no more government subsidy, instead, 'move' to an area where you can grow food.-- You want free healthcare 'move back' to Mexico and let your own government provide. -- You live on the edge of the city and want the government to subsidize light rail or buses, why?; 'move' to the inner city and walk to work and market.

The 'move' argument is not helpful, at all. Why should ruralites be penalized so that metro residents can be subsidized?