homestead - [Homestead] trees in the greenhouse

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] trees in the greenhouse
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 02:09:47 -0500

I was doing some reading on citrus and thought I would pass this tip on to someone...maybe Lynn...
It says that one way to prevent frost/cold damage is to light the tree using Christmas tree lights. They will allegedly provide enough heat to keep the tree from freezing (light freeze of course)
Thought that was cool..

"The world is my country, all mankind are my
brethren, and to do good is my religion."
Thomas Paine (1737 - 1809)