homestead - [Homestead] A different outlook - economy politics - radio podcast

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] A different outlook - economy politics - radio podcast
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 06:11:51 -0800 (PST)

* I put the subject in the subject title , so it could be deleted immediately
by anyone not interested.........

I just spent over an hour listening to a radio podcast from yesterday. It
concerns the catastophe, possibly, upcoming, in this country, but it isn't
typical. Most commentators ( at least of the more psessimisstic nature) tend
to be consevatives; Richard Martin appears to be a progressive and his show
is on a progressive network.

But, his outlook is not even as favorable as many of the typical
commentators to whom I have listened -- he and his wife are preparing to
permanently move to Asia, though he has very successful here. This is a more
intellectually based commentary on the economy, politics, and culture.

He is not advocated buying 'anything', though he does have a few minutes
talking about what we would call homesteading, (but he seems a bit confused
about the particulars). He uses historical references, throughout. This is
'not' a video, it is a radio podcast, so, if you were inclined to listen, you
could listen while doing sometyhing else.

He appears to believe as some on this list believe, that in two to three
years, this could be an unpleasnt place to live; and he gives good reasons
for his beliefs (and what I would call his guesses).

It is the very top podcast, dated Jan. 5, 2008 (it might be the second
podcast later this am, just check the date). I did 'not' download. I just
pressesd the start button on the podcast bar.

http://martin.progressiveradionetwork.org/

  • [Homestead] A different outlook - economy politics - radio podcast, bobf, 01/06/2009