homestead - [Homestead] Something awesome this way comes

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Something awesome this way comes
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 23:29:32 -0500

Maybe some of you listen to Coast to Coast at night, probably most of
you don't, but I try to listen, and last night was an interesting show.
The show was about upcoming innovations that will change our lives. I
mention it here because some of this stuff has homestead implications.
Also, in an effort to be more positive, this stuff falls under good news.

1. Bucky paper (Buckminister Fuller)
http://globaldialoguecenter.blogs.com/jbgoodnews/2008/12/1-buckypaper-super-strong-and-super-light.html
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/10/17/buckypaper-material.html
This stuff will replace steel..no more mining, smelting, etc.

2. Nanopaper
http://globaldialoguecenter.blogs.com/jbgoodnews/2008/12/2-nanopaperas-strong-as-iron-and-made-out-of-wood.html
Would this finally satisfy the rules on leak proof coffins?

3. Algae to Oil (we talked about this not too long ago
http://globaldialoguecenter.blogs.com/jbgoodnews/2008/12/5-algae-to-oila-gusher.html
http://www.globalgreensolutionsinc.com/s/VertigroFAQ.asp
Maybe you can turn your farm pond into something that can run your tractor!

4. Electrical fields and mileage
http://globaldialoguecenter.blogs.com/jbgoodnews/2008/12/4-electricity-in-the-right-places-improves-engine-mileage.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/09/080925111836.htm

5. Pollution/Toxin eating concrete
http://globaldialoguecenter.blogs.com/jbgoodnews/2008/12/3-pollution-eating-concrete.html
This might be good for anyone who is chemically sensitive or who has asthma.

--
"The world is my country, all mankind are my
brethren, and to do good is my religion."