homestead - Re: [Homestead] Unbelievable

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Unbelievable
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 06:01:30 -0700

On Jan 3, 2009, at 8:45 AM, Paul Sparks wrote:

Gene, as a bookseller, I can tell you...there are those that are considered
mega-listers in the industry...they have no stock...but price very
high...figuring they can find a comparable book for a decent price and make
a whopping profit...

The hysteria is really the fools that order books from these people -
without reading the usually scathing feedback.

They're considered the tele-marketers of our industry...you know, just above
lawyers...(*snicker*)

Paul, I can understand that sort of game and "logic." But, almost twenty times the original edition price? It is difficult for me to understand such a stretch.

Actually, judging on volume of responses to their service, this is a very substantial seller.

I am writing it off as one of those anomalies of life that are unexplainable.