homestead - Re: [Homestead] Now BS..long BS

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Now BS..long BS
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 18:25:11 -0500

James, I think that was what my point was, but you may have said it more...
succinctly? I have been on this list for..., oh, about 7 years now. For a
while, the flak I was getting for being a "Bushie", particularly from Lynda,
as I recall,?just wasn't worth the effort of even being selective, so I just
deleted anything, except stuff from Tvo, who was really the only one who
didn't seem to be spewing vitriol one way or the other. I was real busy,
anyway, and wasn't in a position to put much of what I learned from y'all to
use.

The point was, unlike the old lady in your anecdote, we can delete easily
those who we do not want to hear from, and if we do read words we disagree
with, we can give the writer a real big, wet, raspberry right in the comfort
of our own home, and send them to oblivion.

I am sure some of you, though surely only once or twice,?have done that to
me... ;-)

The power of modern communications... If I don't want to hear you, I can shut
you off...

Ray