homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mountain Lions

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, "" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mountain Lions
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 18:04:39 +0000

Bob,

I have 2 outside dogs and one inside dog. The outside dogs would hate it if
they couldn't get out to do their job all night. They bark and bark and chase
coyotes and seem to really enjoy themselves. Don't feel bad about them
sleeping outside at all.

The outside dogs are big, but not so big as Lynda's. One is a great pyr,
male, and the other is a aussie/catahoula cross. They do a great job guarding
the chickens, but my chickens are close to the house, so they also guard the
entire area. No predators are allowed, and if the horses are not where they
belong, like if one gets out of the paddock or stall, they bark about that,
too.

The little dog (jack russel terrier) would hate it if he had to sleep
outside, though. He's puny and would only be a good snack for something
bigger out there.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)