homestead - Re: [Homestead] was: More on Gold now: knowing up front

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was: More on Gold now: knowing up front
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 03:09:46 +0000

Cathy,

When my parents need me, if short term, I will suspend everything and go to
help them. If long term, then I expect they will move up here with me and
I'll help that way. If I have to keep a job and help, then I can't quit and
move down there excpet for whatever time FMLA allows.

If one of my children, or my husband should he get sick and need it, would be
one reason I WOULD sell all and do whatever I can. but i'd likely sell it to
my son, or work something out.

even if my husband decides to live down south, at this point we are not
discussing divorce. we may just have to have separate full-time residences
and meet somewhere in the middle whenever we can. or, it may not work out.
but it certainly won't work out if i left this dream just because he's not
wanting it anymore, now that we're here. i'd resent him so much i couldn't
stand to be in the room with him, let alone be married to him. I've been
working and supporting the family for more than 7 years, giving him time to
'find his niche' in life and do his thing. I would have followed his dream if
he'd had one, but since he didn't, I followed mine and he followed me. He's
free to leave if this isn't his thing, because it surely is mine, and perhaps
we've come upon an issue that can't be resolved easily...

I didn't want you to have the wrong idea about me, and think I'm just being
selfish.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)