homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hatching Round 3

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hatching Round 3
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 02:03:03 -0800 (PST)

Bev, there was a farmer in the community of my youth who kept guineas. They
were in the edges of his property, not caged at all--they are noisy, and I
don't know if they taste good--but they did not seem to have this sort of
predation problem. I think he was always trying to lower the numbers. I
wonder why they escaped so many of the predators the chickens wouldn't?