homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anti-virus software

  • From: "Sage Austin | Eureka! Design" <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: cayadopi AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anti-virus software
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:34:16 -0600

I had a bad experience with Norton several years ago and switched to McAffee. Now I wouldn't pay two cents for either. I'm sorry to hear your hard drive was reformatted. That's what the first shop wanted to do, but the second technician was able to reinstall Windows over the existing one messed up by the virus. Just reloading all my software would have taken days, so I'm glad to have it all back in working order.

Leslie wrote:
Norton didn't stop it either........... my computer totally crashed last week.
When I finally called Dell for help, they skipped the routine 300 question drive you nuts routine very quickly and skipped straight to re-format hard drive.......... something was definitely going 'round. Although they stated something about a Win update.........