homestead - Re: [Homestead] "Locavore: A Word to Live By"

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] "Locavore: A Word to Live By"
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 23:37:10 -0500

I have to relate this...
this morning, Ron was watching the Green Channel, and Emeril Lagasse was doing a show where he took a woman to the supermarket to pick out vegetables and such to teach her about them and how to cook side dishes. Of course, it is the Green channel, so he talked about organic, how foods are frozen, yada yada, he goes into detail in the produce section about varieties of eggplants and other veggies...and THEN he starts talking about the availability of produce, carbon footprints and locavorism, even though he did not, to my memory, use that term. Immediately after his carbon footprint/locally grown diatribe, he walks over and picks up a Vidalia Onion. I am quite sure they weren't in Vidalia or even in Georgia. What a crock!! Practice what you preach, Emeril!

--
The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement in the Lewis & Clark
expedition is that it was the first documented trip in history where men