homestead - [Homestead] Dental crown warranty

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Dental crown warranty
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 06:34:24 -0700

On Dec 18, 2008, at 7:42 PM, bobf wrote:

There is not a warranty with crowns, and as you know, they aren't cheap, and dental insurance is almost worthless.

Well, apparently there is a warranty on crowns done by reputable dentists. I had a crown come off this last summer. I went to my dentist in Ozark County to have it glued back on. He looked at it and said the back had slightly broken. He put on a temporary crown and said keep that broken one and take it back with you when you return to Phoenix, there is a several-year warranty on crowns. I don't recall if he said four or five years.

To verify, I e-mailed the dentist here and he confirmed there would be no charge. After I returned here he did a new impression and ordered a new crown made by the lab. He then installed it. No charge.

I have also had crowns just come off, not broken. They are reinstalled with no charge.